Sunday, October 25, 2015

Diwali Cards - Day 1

Hello Everyone!
Long time no see? Yup, I have been busy taking care of some personal stuff. Now that things are sorted and I'm back to routine, I will be trying to post more cards and art on here more consistently. 

As the season of Diwali is soon to come, I will be posting a few Diwali themed cards in the next few days. I will be taking this opportunity as a chance to improve my crafting skills by trying out a variety of techniques that I always wanted to try!
 
For my first card, I have 2 variations.  The process is same , there is just a minor change. 




For this card I created the background on a Recollections Cream Carstock Paper (65 lb)


 For this card I created the background on a Distress Watercolor Cardstock 


To make these cards, the backgrounds are created using Distress Ink Mini inkpads and Ranger Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending Tool. Colors used are listed in supplies. Then used Spellbinders Nestablities - Picot Edge Circles . I heat embossed a cardstock piece in Recollection Embossing Powder - Champagne and cut a lamp shape out of it. Also the flame is had cut from gradient created using Distress Ink Minis. Decorated the lamps with Rhinestones and Ranger Ink Stickles. Using a Versamarker I wrote the "Happy Diwali sentiment on the background panel and heat embossed using Zing Embossing Powder - Gold .

I hope you all liked it. I would love to hear back from you all. Thank you very much for taking your time to notice it. Hope to hear again from all of  u soon. Till then take care. :)

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding :-) 

Supplies used: Paper: Recollections Cardstock -Cream

Distress Watercolor Cardstock
Distress Ink Mini inkpads  (Fired brick, Festive berries, Spiced marmalade, Mustard seed, Wild honey)
Spellbinders Nestablities - Picot Edge Circles 
Recollection Embossing Powder - Champagne
Zing Embossing Powder - Gold
Ranger ink Stickles - Blue, Gold

Ranger ink Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending Tool 
Versamarker watermark pen
Versamark stamp pad
Rhinestones
Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive


 

1 comment:

Drive more traffic to your online store using performance based marketing.