Monday, December 31, 2012

Drama Queen

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a blast for Christmas & must be expecting a fabulous New Year ahead.
After a long time I had some fun with scrapbooking. Today's layout is created using Shabby Princess Easy Pie Template #29 & a color combination provided in ColorQ Challenge #169.



Now you all must be wondering whose snaps are these in this layout??? Guess ....... Its ME !!!!
I was just going through all my childhood pics 2 days ago & I came across all of these. My mom has always encourages me to take part in all kinds of extra-curriculum activities in school.

In India, the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated at homes as well as in public on a very large scale. Huge Ganesh idols are placed & worshiped at each street & in every apartment complex. Similar 'Ganesh pandal'  was near the our house. Lot of competitions used to be arranged for every age group. 

The result of such an atmosphere was that, I participated in a lot of singing, dancing & fancy dress competitions there too. "Fancy Dress" was my favorite as I got to dress as a different character each time. We always picked a different historic/mythological from the Indian origin. My mom & my 2 elder cousin brothers took a lot if effort to make the look "perfect". Mom helped me get ready, dressed me up, did my makeup & trained me for the role whereas my bro's would work on the accessories required. All my family including my granny, mom, dad, uncle, aunt, bro's & even my paternal aunt's (dad's sisters) & their respective husbands would come to encourage me. All the snaps in today's layout are taken during those years in all such competitions whenever I bagged 1st prize.

I hope you all liked it. Thank you very much for taking your time to notice it. Hope to hear again from all of  u soon. Till then take care. :)


PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

Supplies used: 

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1

Paper & Accents: ScrapOrchard Storyteller kit,  

3 comments:

  1. Great layout. Love your use of this week's colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely layout , with precious photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Neha! Love the way yout layed out the pics...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Drive more traffic to your online store using performance based marketing.